maandag 23 juni 2014

THE FACIAL CLEANSER HUNT


I am always on the hunt. On the hunt for places to eat and people to meet. Now, I am on the hunt for something totally different: the perfect facial cleanser. 
I know this blogpost might not be everyones cup of tea and many people feel awkward talking about skincare, but I think it is so important to feel good about your skin. Having dry skin, oily skin, acne, redness, really affects your mood throughout the day. We don't want a bad mood do we? So let's get that skin on point!
I have to say, it is not easy finding products that work for your skin. It is an expensive project that will take a lot of time and many cleansers. But I'm willing to do what it takes to get rid of the feeling I get when I'm waiting for the bathroom at a party and look in the mirror and feel depressed because of the way my skin looks when it's lit by the ugly neon lights, parties always seem to own in their bathrooms.
The last few months I have been suffering from really bad skin. It might be caused by stress, puberty, sunscreen? I honestly have no idea... 
I have really oily skin which makes me want to clean my face three times a day. But that's not the right thing to do. I think twice a day is the maximum, otherwise you will strip your skin. 
I started looking for the perfect facial cleanser that would help me get rid of oily skin, redness and acne. I won't really go too deep into detail about the products I've already tried out and am trying out because I'm not quiet sure what they've done for my skin yet.  But I will keep you guys updated on the products I'll be trying out and what has been working for me.

Angels on Bare Skin - Lush 
This product is meant to make your skin look brighter. The only thing it did to me was make me get more acne! I was so disappointed because I know that many people love this product and I guess my skin is just to sensitive for this. Angels on Bare skin might just not be meant for people with oily skin. I won't be buying this product again.

Aqua Marina - Lush
This facial cleanser is supposed to reduce the redness on your face. I feel like, when I first started using this it really did help, but after a while it started to dry out my skin and I found myself with white patches on my face throughout the day. As if I hadn't rinse it off properly. I won't be buying this product again!

Tea Tree Cool & Creamy Wash - The Body Shop
This product is one that I bought because it is meant to get rid of blemishes on your face AKA all the things I am suffering from. The formula is very very agreeable. It feels like putting toothpaste on your skin so make sure you avoid the eye area. I will go deeper into this product once I've finished the tube. Because I'm not quite sure yet what it does to my acne but it does give me the perfect balance between dry and oily skin.

Effaclar - La Roche - Possay
This last product is one that will rather give you dry skin, so I will only recommend this for people like me with very oily skin. It is a product I have been using for years! If I'm having a breakout or something I always reach out for this product, it is not perfect but I know it won't make my skin worse. It makes me feel safe.

So this are the few products I have tried out, stay tuned for more blogposts about my hunt for the perfect skin cleanser! I will go into more detail once I've figured it all out. 

What is your perfect cleanser? 

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten

Follow on Bloglovin