zondag 6 december 2015

Breakfast in Antwerp | Maison Tartine




http://reneevanzadelhoffphotography.tumblr.com/


Sometimes I have to remind myself that it is perfectly okay to have a few very close girlfriends instead of a big group of boys and girls to go out with. 
When I first started university I had this image in my head that I was going to meet so many great people and that I would go partying with them every single week. I did try for a few months to go and sit next to strangers, starting awkward conversations and in the end concluding that you have absolutely nothing in common apart from the fact that you both think it's too cold outside.

When I finally had some time to meet up with the girlfriends I've known for a while, I realized that I should be happy with the few very lovely friends I have. Not having to think too much about what you're going to say. Never having enough time to say everything you want to say to them. Meeting up twice in one day, because there's never enough time. Making plans for summer. Talking about food. Planning a christmas party. Wearing the same watch. Asking them to come to your class, because two hours goes by way faster with your close friends next to you.
Last but not least, having a lovely breakfast with them at one of my favourite places in Antwerp. 

Maison Tartine is most popular for its great tartines, as the name suggests. Many young people go there for lunch since it's located quite closely to the Academy of modern arts and the University of Antwerp. Having a very big menu isn't always a good thing, because you have to make sure that everything on there is delicious. You know what they say: "Quality over quantity." And I totally agree with that, but Maison Tartine gets every single recipe right.
We went quite early in the morning and there was a very cozy atmosphere. I don't think there were any christmas decorations up yet, but the lighting and music were just very warm and suiting.

We really enjoyed our breakfast! I went for cruesly with greek yoghurt, dried fruit, nuts and fresh fruit, Julia got the tartine with omelet and bacon and Renée got a boiled egg with "soldiers" and a "plistolé" with nutella. For drinks I went with a tea and a cappuccino (yes two drinks because my friends overslept and were half an hour too late).
Make sure to check out this hotspot if you're in the neighborhood. It's totally worth a visit.

Why go to Maison Tartine? 
Cosy atmosphere, delicious tartines, big menu, lovely staff, good coffee, letterkoekjes!




Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten

Follow on Bloglovin