donderdag 19 november 2015

Breakfast in Antwerp | Koek & Zopie

Before I went to university, I used to pass by Koek & Zopie twice a day on my way to school and back. So that means I've passed this lovely cafe a billion times without going inside. If only I knew back then what I was missing. I'm talking beautiful interior, great menu, pleasant staff, and delicious breakfasts!
I could've gone for the yoghourt and granola, but I thought I'd go all the way and order me some french toast with clotted cream, mint and berries. When my plate arrived it almost screamed "made-with-love"! I loved how the thick slices of bread seemed to be of a very good quality with beautiful poppy seeds on the crust. I always try to get a little piece of every single ingredient on my fork, so that all the flavours unite and my tastebuds can have a little party. First a berry, then a piece of french toast topped with a spoonful of clotted cream and lastly a bit of mint which gives you that fresh taste. 
I ordered a cappuccino to warm me up a little, and it came on this wooden tray which made my cappuccino taste even better. I'm not that person that thinks you eat with your eyes and presentation is everything, but I have to admit that everything looks better on a wooden chopping bord, tray or table. I can't wait to go back and try something else, because literally everything on their menu screamed my name. 






Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten

Follow on Bloglovin