woensdag 16 september 2015

TRAVEL | LISBON

Since I grew up spending my summer holidays in Italy or France, I'd never considered going to Spain. Let alone going to Portugal. I didn't know anyone who lived there nor had I ever heard stories about the country. But since both my sister and I had only visited not so warm cities this year (she went to Copenhagen, I went to London), we decided to go and get our tan in Lisbon. 
It was a great decision, since it's easy to combine city-life and going to the beach without having to rent a car. You can easily take a train from Lisbon to Cascais for only €2. 
You might have noticed that I haven't written in a while. That's because I kind of got tired of the internet and everyone knowing so much about your personal life. But since many people were complementing me on my article about London, I decided to continue writing about the subjects that really interest me. We'll see how that goes.
I especially love writing about the trips I make because I think it is so important to know where to go to when you're in a city you've never been to before. Especially in a city like Lisbon where it's full of tourist traps. 
Don't you love the feeling when you finally settle down in a restaurant after a day of walking? That feeling when you take your first bite and roll your eyes at your travel partner because it's so damn good? I'm here to tell you about the places in Lisbon that will make you want to stay there.

I can not thank my sister enough for making this trip with me, and most of all taking all the pictures for my blog. She dragged her heavy camera all over Lisbon, which was so worth it. Make sure to follow her on Instagram @eileenvancr for more of her lovely work. 



A Ginjinha 
This little shop serves only one drink. Ginjinha is a sweet and fruity drink you'll find all over Lisbon, but I recommend you going to A Ginjinha because it's so cute and very cheap. After one small glass, I spent the next couple hours feeling very funny. A nice twist to your city trip!Largo São Domingos 8, Portugal

Bairro Alto
The place to be for late night music and drinks! 
Metro station: Baixa Chiado




Pharmacia
They call themselves a tapas restaurant, but let me tell you it's way more than that. The portions are way bigger than regular tapas and it's so damn delicious. The staff is super friendly, the interior is original and the food will make you want to go to Pharmacia every single evening.
R. Mal. Saldanha 1, Portugal

Cascais
It takes a 40 min train ride to go from Lisbon to Cascais. If you're looking for an escape from the city, this is a great beach to visit. Don't forget your bikini!
Take the train from Cais do Sodré to Cascais
Tram 28
We loved taking the old fashioned trams! Sometimes we would just hop on a random tram with nowhere to go. It's very entertaining and great for sightseeing. 
Take tram 28 at Martim Moniz
Pizzeria Casanova
BEST PIZZA I'VE EVER HAD. Coming from someone who visits Italy every year. They had my favourite combination on the menu: Figs, ham and mozarella. If it's not too cold outside you can set yourself on the terras and enjoy a view over the sea.
Av. Infante Dom Henrique Loja 7, 1900-264 Lisboa, Portugal



Manteigaria
You can find Pasteis de Nata all over Lisbon and it's the best euro you'll ever spend. The best bakery is supposed to be the one in Belém where you'll find yourself queuing with many other tourists. Yes, we went all the way to Belém to try them out, but I have to admit that the best ones I've tried were the ones at Manteigaria. Where you can admire the way your Pastei de Nata gets made while you sip a coffee and stuff you face with your second Pastei de Nata.
Rua do Loreto 2, Portugal
La Bottega Piadina
If you're looking for a quick but delicious lunch, La Bottega is the way to go. A cute little snackbar that only serves Piadina's. Unfortunately we were too full to try out the Nutella one.
Calçada do Combro, 8,Bairro Alto, Lisboa 1200
Moules & Gin
My sister and I both didn't really like mussels. We basically went to this restaurant for the interior and the Gin Tonics. We left the restaurant as mussel addicts. In fact, we went back the same week. The first time I had mussels with curry and mango and the second time I chose mussels with pesto. Don't forget to order a glass of white wine after your Gin Tonic! The wine is delicious, and since most of the mussels are only €11, you can spend more money on the drinks.
Rua Nova da Alfarrobeira, nº 14, 2750-452 Cascais
Mercado da Ribeira
Of course we had to visit Lisbon's food hall! We spent an hour deciding which stand to order from, but at the end I ordered something, which I believe is a shrimp burger (everything was written in Portuguese) from O Prego da Peixaria which I loved! Av. 24 de Julho 50, Portugal


Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten

Follow on Bloglovin