What you need:
- 60g oats
- 250ml rice milk
- 1 banana
- 1/2 cinnamon stick
- 1 1/2 tbs grated coconut
- 1 tsp agave syrup
- 3 tbs granola
- Put the oats, rice milk, half of the banana (sliced), the cinnamon stick and the grated coconut all together in a casserole.
- Heath the mixture while stirring. Turn down the heath when it starts to simmer.
- Let it simmer until it becomes as thick as you would want it to be. I don't really like my oatmeal to be very liquid.
- Serve the oatmeal in any bowl you like, slice the other half of the banana to garnish the ugly brown mixture.
- Throw some homemade granola over the oatmeal to add a little bit of crunch.
- Lastly, toss a little bit of agave syrup all over the place to add that sweetness we all love.
Another thing that motivated me was an article I read in last month's issue of Red magazine. I quote Xanthe Clay: "Be mindful about what you eat. Forget 'is it worth the calories?' and ask, 'Is this nourishing as well as delicious?"