zaterdag 13 december 2014

RECIPES - Basic Granola (Breakfast)

If you follow me on instagram, you might've noticed how I've been obsessing over "living a healthier life". I follow a crazy number of fitness motivation accounts, work out almost every day and try to eat as healthy as possible. I knew it wouldn't be easy to switch from cookie monster to skinny b****, but I figured I'd start with the basics. 
I was looking for a way to have a healthy breakfast on schooldays without having to spend an hour on slicing fruits. The answer was gra-no-la. It only takes 15min of your sunday to make enough granola for an entire week of school/work! So, this is what I've been having for breakfast five days out of seven, since I took of for my trip to healthy life. A fresh orange juice and granola with almond/soy/nut/rice/coconut milk. 

What you need:

- 2 teaspoons coconut oil
- 150g oats
- 1/4 cup flaked almonds
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup pitted and chopped dates
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 2 teaspoons natural almond butter (I got mine at Albert Heijen)

What you do:

1. Mix all the ingredients (apart from the coconut oil) together in a bowl using a wooden spoon.

2. Heat a frying pan and melt the coconut oil. (medium heat)

3. Throw the mix in the pan and spread evenly.

4. Keep an eye on your granola and stir from time to time.

5. After ten minutes or so it should be all done and crispy!

If you tried this recipe, post a photo on instagram and tag me @parpies! I can't wait to see your results!

Love!

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten

Follow on Bloglovin