vrijdag 14 maart 2014

Coffee in Antwerp | Caffènation

Ah, I have been planning this blogpost since the moment I started this blog. I made Parpies to collect all of the things that I love on one page. Some people might think that it is better to focus on only one subject but that's just not me. I can't do only one thing at a time. So with these words I'm adding another section to my blog and that is: places I love. 
Most of the places I will introduce to you are located in Antwerp since that is where I live. But I love traveling so I might add some addresses that I discover when I'm out of town. 
Caffènation is the first place I'll be telling you about because it is my favorite coffee bar ever. You'll find me here at least once a week. Either in the weekend, after school or during my lunch breaks. Not only is it the cutest coffee bar ever, they also own their very own coffee brand. I know that a few other coffee bars serve their coffee and let me tell you: it is so damn good! The only downside is that I can't really compare the coffee to any other brand because it kind of is the only coffee I drink. But then again, I guess that is a good thing. 
When you enter Caffènation you will get overwhelmed by the lovely coffee scent that will bring you instant happiness. At least that's what happens to me. Another thing that makes me happy are the people who work there. They are so nice! You know when you are at a café or restaurant and the people are just so rude and it ruins the good food? This will never happen at caffènation. They are so nice that you would come back only because of them. 

The interior is another thing I love about the place. Caffènation is very cozy and laid-back. You can either sit at the cutest paris-esque tables, a large table where there are often people working on their laptops or you can enjoy comfortable sofas at the back of the café where the lights are dimmed. If you are not a coffee-person you can enjoy their hot chocolates, teas and ice-teas. For those who are hungry, there is cake, cookies and croissants. Every drink is made at a bar in the middle of the café so it is also very fun to watch them throw in a piece of chocolate in your hot cocoa. I can honestly say that I tried every single drink (no I am not embarrassed) and that I loved them all!
The thing I enjoy the most about going to coffee bars is that you are united with people you have never met before. Every single person there decided to go to the same place at the same time and I think it is so interesting to just see what keeps other people going. We are always so bussy with ourselves that we forget that there are millions of people who we don't know, living a life we don't know. And when you see all of these people gathered at the same place, it is just wonderful. Or maybe that's just me enjoying
the little things in life.
Favourite drink: ginger spice a lovely cappuccino with white chocolate and topped with ginger hmm..

CAFFENATION
Mechelsesteenweg 16, 2000 Antwerp

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten

Follow on Bloglovin