We all have experienced that feeling at the end of summer when we can't wait to stay home all day to sit under a blanket, watch movies, drink hot chocolate and stuff our faces with sweetness. This recipe is dedicated to those who are craving summer now, but know that they will eventually end up missing winter once they get sunburned. So, as winter is turning into spring I am preparing myself for that feeling at the end of summer. These cookies will get you through that phase. While the sun is still shining you will be able to have a bite of Christmas.
You will need:
- 125g coconut oil
- 85g honey (this is the quantity for the cookie dough, you'll need a little extra to stuff the cookies)
- 180g rye flour
- 1 (size of a thumb) fresh ginger (peeled and blended into very small pieces)
- 15g ground cinnamon
- 5g ground nutmeg
How to make them:
1. Preheat oven at 190°.
2. Mix the slightly heated coconut oil (10 sec in the microwave will do) with the honey until it has become a smooth mixture.
3. Add the flour, the ginger, the ground cinnamon and the nutmeg. Knead the dough and create a large ball.
4. Roll out the dough with a rolling pin and add flour if the dough is too sticky.
5. Use a cookie cutter to cut out circles and lay them on a baking tray.
6. Put them either in the fridge for 20min or in the freezer for 10min.
7. After you've taken them out top a cookie with a little honey and place another one on top. Just like an Oreo.
8. Put them in the oven for about 10min.
9. Take them out and enjoy the Christmassy scent.
10. Leave them to cool.
- Enjoy! ♡